What can i do about the dark circles under my eyes? Red Lotus in Portland, Oregon talks about what to do when you see dark circles.Read Now
There are 3 things that can be blamed for under eye circles:
Genetics are the biggest culprit. If you inherit fair or thin skin under the eyes, it’s more obvious when blood pools there (often because of slower circulation from lack of sleep). This accumulation causes fragile capillaries to stretch and leak.
Age is another factor. Over time, skin loses collagen and thins, so veins show through more prominently. Sunbathing speeds up this process by breaking down collagen and mottling skin color.
Seasonal allergies are to blame for many people. “They trigger the release of histamines in the body, which in turn inflame blood vessels and cause swelling,” says Ranella Hirsch, a dermatologist in Boston. To determine why your circles happen, gently stretch the skin under your eyes. If that area becomes darker, the circles are probably due to genetics or aging. If the color doesn’t change, UV rays or allergies are probably the cause.
Now what can we do about it? First, improving sleep. 7-9 hours is what the average person needs. Do this for a few weeks and see if the darkness improves.
As for product recommendations , we recommend JanMarini Dark Circle Eye Defense.
Age Intervention Dark Circle Eye Defense is a new generation of dark circle products targeting the appearance of both discoloration and under-eye wrinkles. Targeted technologies directly and comprehensively address multiple primary causes of under-eye discoloration including blood leakage, iron discoloration, inflammation, thin and fragile skin and pigmentation.
* Clinically proven in independent studies:
* 100% of subjects observed improvement in texture, lines, wrinkles and pigment by dermatologist assessment
* Quantitative, measurable reduction in under-eye discoloration.
* Multiple technologies address independent causes of under-eye circles
* Rapidly lessens the appearance of dark under-eye circles and excessive pigment
* Decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
* Encourages a dramatically smoother, more hydrated and brighter eye area
* Time-released application to improve delivery and penetration
all products mentioned are available for purchase on our website at: