Here's a tip on how to remove your own eyelash extensions... Don't! At Red Lotus Skin and Lash salon here in Beaverton, we offer complimentary lash fixes if your sticks together where it should not or one has just grown out too much and we did you original work. So please there is no good way to do it yourself, we have tried it all with miserable results. Recently I have had new clients tell me they removed their eyelash extensions themselves and the result was bald spots. Removing eyelash extensions yourself can cause permanent damage to your lash line. But i am here to tell you some tips on how to avoid badly done lash extensions in the first place.
1. Do your research. There are a lot of places claiming to have been trained in lash extensions but do not use proper safety methods. The esthetician should have a certificate showing they had proper training and it is okay to ask to see their certificate if you are concerned. Oregon requires the certificate to be posted as well.
2. Ask friends who have had them done. Word of mouth is a great way to find out which places are safe and which are not.
3. Read reviews. Reviews are a good way to see how people feel. However, this is not the most accurate way because some places pay review sites to only show good reviews so be cautious!
4. Don't be afraid to ask questions about your service. Do your research and see how the service is performed and if the esthetician is doing something different then what you may have read, ask why.
5. Lastly, if you've had a bad experience, most eyelash extension technicians have glue remover that melts the glue and slides easily off the eyelash causing no damage.
For more information on eyelash extensions please visit our webpage: Lotus Lash Extensions