There are certain ingredients lurking in the makeup and sunscreen you're slathering on that are causing you to break out. Now this does not mean you have to get rid of your foundation (scary, we know) or stop applying SPF (do not do this), but you do need to keep a watchful eye on product labels because the ingredients that make you break out, can be hidden in your makeup.
KNOWN ACNE OFFENDERS:
• Artificial Color -- Look for FD&C in the ingredients list, which means the product has artificial color. This can irritate the skin and if it's in your lipstick or blush, it can cause breakouts around your mouth or on your cheeks.
• Lanolin -- This is basically the fancy term for sheep sebum (sebum = oil) and while it can be good for dry skin, it's not right for acne-prone skin.
• Mineral Oil -- This forms a film on your skin, trapping dead skin cells and bacteria (prime causes of acne) and it can also give you milia, those tiny white bumps on your skin.
• Petroleum -- This is oil, and as you may have guessed, you don't really need to be putting more oil on your face.
• Isopropyl Myristate -- This can actually make your skin feel less greasy, but it also clogs pores and causes skin irritation.
• Artificial Fragrance -- This can irritate your skin and cause breakouts. Try to use as many fragrance free products as possible.
New sheer tint finisher by Rhonda Allison. Takes the place of foundation that will not break you out for a great price and available for purchase at Red Lotus Skincare Salon in Beaverton, Oregon!
With a natural mineral base and potent antioxidants, Sheer Tint Finisher forms a safe, soothing emulsion while providing anti-inflammatory benefits, leaving skin protected, refreshed and glowing for a refined finish.
Improving the skin barrier function by reducing trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL), Sheer Tint Finisher increases skin elasticity while reducing the appearance of skin roughness, fines lines and wrinkles. As a daily home care finisher for healthy skin support, this light antioxidant cream may also be used alone, over moisturizers and nutrients or blended with other additives such as Hyaluronic Serum, Drop of Essence Hydration Drops or Grape Seed Hydrating Serum to create more moisture.
- Titanium Dioxide - provides broad-spectrum protection with improved UVA potential at high transparency
- Cetearyl Olivate / Sorbitan Olivate- a biomimetic restructuring agent from pure olive oil; restores and maintains the integrity of the skin barrier, gives tonicity and elasticity to skin, reduces inflammation, carries other active ingredients into the epidermal layers, provides brilliance, and protects from environmental assaults and UV rays
- Zinc Oxide - the safest, non-irritating broad spectrum UV absorbing material; protects and soothes skin and provides healing relief
- Galactoarabinan (GA) – a polysaccharide from the larch tree; reduces transepidermal water loss (TEWL), minimizes wrinkles and fine lines, moisturizes skin and improves SPF function
- Bioactive Tetrahydrocurcuminoids (THC) - provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits while protecting keratinocytes (the outermost layer of skin cells) and brightening skin
- Porphyra Umbilicalis (Red Algae) Complex - offers ancillary UV protection, provides potent antioxidant support and helps prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract - a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and astringent properties; protects skin against free radicals, helps prevent sun damage, preserves the natural moisture barrier and provides soothing, calming benefits
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice - provides soothing, calming benefits, improves skin hydration, works as an anti-inflammatory accelerates collagen turnover
- Bisabolol (L-Alpha) - a natural sesquiterpene alcohol from chamomile well known for its antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties (specifically IL-1).
- Squalane - improves of the skin barrier function via reductions of transepidermal water loss (TEWL), increases in skin elasticity and reduces the appearance of skin roughness, fines lines and wrinkles
Titanium Dioxide 6.4%
Zinc Oxide 2.6%