How do I care for my eyelash extensions? Red Lotus in Portland, Oregon tells you the best techniques.
It is important to take care of your new eyelash extensions. With proper care your natural lashes will remain healthy and strong. Some important points to remember on how to care for your eyelash extensions:
* Keep your lashes dry for the first 8-10 or 24hours depending on the adhesive used after a full set and every fill. No water, No sweat, No rain and No tears!
*Avoid hot steam or sauna immediately afterwards. Allow enough time for the glue to bond to the lashes
* Must use oil free products on eye area. This includes eyeliner. Pencils contain oil so a powder, gel or liquid is best. Oil of any kind including your own natural oils will break the glue down and the lashes won't stay on as long as they should.
* Never pick, pull or curl your lashes as this could pull out your natural lash prematurely. This can leave a hole and it will take up to 60 days for a new lash to grow back in.
*Do not rub your eyes/lashes.
*Sleep on your back! Not only good for the lashes but keeps wrinkles away.
* Clean your lashes daily and after a heavy workout with our Lashfresh clean wash foam. When lashes are wet, pump the foam onto fingers and press into lashes with your fingers and rinse. Never use washcloths, towelettes, cotton pads or swabs. These will pull out and or get caught in your lashes and cause discomfort. Cleaning your lashes daily is a must! You need to remove natural oils that can break down the adhesive causing your extensions to come off prematurely. You may need to do this a couple of times if you are removing makeup. Dry lashes by pressing a towel gently onto the lashes, do not rub. Feel free to fluff the lashes with a blow dryer on low and cool for a few seconds. The disposable mascara wand you receive at your appointment is very handy when used vertically in a windshield wiper motion to fluff and separate the lashes. Keep a wand in your purse for those moments on the go to help maneuver your extensions into place when they are unruly.
* Water based mascara can be used on your lashes. We recommend this be used sparingly. The removal process is very hard on the extensions and can cause them to come off faster then they should. Never use waterproof mascara as this will not come off the lashes without an oil based remover. Gently, remove mascara with an oil free makeup remover and then wash with cleanser. Mascara is not needed but for those special occasions it will take your lashes to a whole new level of awesome!
* Fills are very important if you want to maintain your lash extensions. We recommend coming for a fill every 2-3 weeks for a 1 hour appointment to keep them looking lush and full. A 1.5 hour fill is recommended every so often if you go through a shed or want your lash extension to look extra amazing! If you go 4 weeks or more without a fill we recommend a new full set.