Can i be allergic to eyelash extensions? Red Lotus in Portland, Oregon talks about eyelash extension sensitivity.Read Now
We use a medical grade adhesive, that contains no formaldehyde. Some people can be allergic...if you are prone to eye allergies or have sensitive eyes we can use a sensitive version of this adhesive. Otherwise the regular version will be just fine. Only about 1% of people seem to be allergic to one or both of these adhesives. If you have symptoms like red, itchy, peeling or swallow eyelids....red, itchy, burning irritated eyes after getting lashes, this is an allergic reaction that can last for 3 to 5 days. You may want to contact your doctors office to let them know what is happening and seek their advice as well. In the meantime, take Benadryl and wait it out. It will go away and you will still have beautiful lashes but, it will happen again if you have another application. We can change the adhesive to the sensitive version and do a patch test, applying just a couple of lashes on each eye to see if you still react. It will lessen the reaction by doing it this way if you do. If you are allergic to both adhesives nothing can be done. Removing your lashes is not advised as it could just increase your discomfort and will not stop the reaction. Wait it out and try to enjoy your lashes while you have them.
For more information please see our website at Red Lotus Skin Care Salon