Beware of bad lashes! How to avoid bad eyelash extensions. Red Lotus in Beaverton, Oregon tells you how to get the best lashes.
Whenever I have clients who have had their eyelash extensions done somewhere else, i always ask how the experience was. This usually ends with me telling them that there has been damage to the natural eyelashes and then a full removal and break from eyelash extensions while we nurse the natural ones back to health.
How do you avoid a bad eyelash extensions job?
What do you need to look for?
- If you are paying $50 or LESS for a FULL SET of eyelash extensions, do not do it! This usually means the products are not up to par, the technician is new, or you are going to get multiple lashes glued together which damages the natural eyelashes and can lead to breakage.
- If the technician does not prep your eye area first. Cleaning the lashes and putting eye pads to cover the bottom lashes, say something! Without the cleaning you are likely to lose the extensions faster and without eye pads you may not be able to open your eyes because your eyelashes will be glued together.
- If a FULL SET takes the technician 30 minutes, you did not get quality eyelash extensions. A full set usually takes 1 1/2 -2 hours.
- They should not itch, sting or feel like they are pulling. If this happens to you, have them removed.
- If the procedure hurts, burns, or you feel like something is poking you, tell the technician immediately.
- Check for certification. If they do not post their certification, they likely are not trained.
Red Lotus is trained in classic eyelash extensions and 3D eyelash extensions.
For more information please see: